Career Firefighter Recruitment 2019
The City of West Kelowna is currently recruiting for 10 career Firefighters.
There are a number of stages to the recruitment process. For complete information on the application process, please see the attached links before you submit your application:
Apply on-line at www.westkelownacity.ca/jobs by February 25th, 2019, 4:30pm. Paper applications will not be accepted – applications must be completed online.
The following documents must be uploaded with the resume and cover letter at the time you apply online:
- – NFPA 1001 Level 1 and Level 2
- – NFPA 472 Hazmat Awareness and Operations
- – Valid EMA First Responder License, equivalent or higher
- – Current Drivers’ Abstract showing valid Class 3 driver’s license w/air
endorsement. Abstracts must be dated no earlier than January 1, 2019.
- – A current Criminal Records Check from your local RCMP Detachment will be required once you are assigned a confirmation number, only successful candidates will require a Criminal Record Check and will be responsible for all associated costs.
If the essential qualifications have not been demonstrated, the application will not receive further consideration.